CCSMH Strategic Priorities: Promoting Best Practices in Assessment and Treatment
The Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health (CCSMH) believes that sharing ideas and resources will promote and strengthen opportunities to facilitate seniors’ mental health. The sharing of ideas and resources include the identification of best practice models and the dissemination of these resources. Best Practices information includes:
- Knowledge gained from strengthened research activity on clinically relevant and pressing practice and policy issues;
- Mental health promotion, assessment and treatment;
- Mental Health system policies;
- Supportive environments and programs; and
- Excellence in recruitment and retention of health care and social service providers of mental health care.
It is anticipated that the CCSMH will also be able to facilitate the development and dissemination of best practice models through committee work, research and conferences.
Some best practice guidelines are documented in the Resources & Publications section.
Additional Resources on Best Practices
- Best Practice Model for Use of Psychotropic Medication in Residential Aged Care Facilities and Guidelines on the Management of Challenging Behaviour in Residential Aged Care Facilities in New South Wales (pdf)
- Guidelines for Elderly Mental Health Care Planning for Best Practices for Health Authorities (pdf)
- National Guidelines Clearinghouse
- Screening for Delirium, Dementia and Depression in Older Adults
- Supporting Families with Parental Mental Illness (pdf)
- Treatment and Rehabilitation for Seniors with Substance Use Problems~~