The Cannabis and Older Adults project is a multi-year project funded by Health Canada to develop e-learning modules to support health care professionals to learn more about cannabis and aging.
The main objectives of the project are to develop:
- MOC and MainPro accredited e-learning modules that focus on cannabis use in older adults targeting physicians, other healthcare providers and students
- Knowledge translation resources that can be adapted in a variety of clinical settings.
Confirmed module topics include;
- History of cannabis and legalization
- Neuropharmacology of cannabis
- Drug interactions
- How to talk to patients about cannabis
- Prescribing/authorizing cannabis
- Safety and risks of cannabis
- Cannabis use disorder/harm reduction
CCSMH has convened a Scientific Planning Committee to oversee the development and accreditation of e-learning modules targeting physicians, nurse practitioners, other healthcare providers and healthcare students.