Suicide Prevention Videos for Educators
Interactive, case-based DVD: Suicide Assessment & Prevention for Older Adults: Life Saving Tools for Health Care Providers
Note: Videos will display in a pop-up window, so you may need to disable pop-up blockers. If you have problems streaming the videos, please contact the CCSMH for a hard copy of the DVD/Toolkit.
Chapter 1. Suicide Assessment: Case Study & Expert Commentary
(This chapter is broken down into five sections, each approximately seven minutes long)
- [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/IntroductionRiskFactors-H264.mov" text="Introduction & Risk Factors"] [14.7 MB]
- [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Depression-H264.mov" text="Depression"] [16.7 MB]
- [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/TalkingaboutSuicide-H264.mov" text="Talking about Suicide"] [15.8 MB]
- [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PhoneCalltoCrisisCentre-H264.mov" text="Phone Call to a Crisis Centre"] [7.5 MB]
- [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/FamilyConflict_NextSteps-H264.mov" text="Family Conflict & Next Steps"] [21.5 MB]
Chapter 2. [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SuicideRiskResiliencyFactors-H264.mov" text="Suicide Risk & Resiliency Factors"] [10 MB]
Chapter 3. [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WarningSignsISPATHWARM-H264.mov" text="Suicide Warning Signs"] [9.6 MB]
Chapter 4. [video_popup url="http://ccsmh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SuicideStigmaSurvivorsVoices-H264.mov" text="Suicide & Stigma: Survivors' Voices"] [12 MB]
Members of The College of Family Physicians of Canada may claim Mainpro-M2 credits for this unaccredited educational program. Members of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada can earn Section 2 credits by viewing this DVD.