The following links are provided as additional resources for people who are interested in seniors’ mental health.
For Seniors and their Families
This page provides links to organizations with information on older adults that can be helpful for themselves and their families.
- Active Aging Canada
- Alzheimer Society
- Canadian Association for Retired Persons (CARP)
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Canadian Frailty Network
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Suicide Prevention Network
- Deprescribing Network
- Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario
- National Institute for Care of the Elderly (NICE)
- Seniors First British Columbia
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
This page provides links to organizations on caregiving that can be useful information for carers.
- Caregivers Alberta
- Carers Canada
- Caregivers Nova Scotia
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
- Families for Addiction Recovery: FAR Canada
For Healthcare Professionals
This page provides links to evidence-based organizations that can be useful for healthcare professionals to share with their patients.
- Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO)
- Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Canadian Association for Long Term Care
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada
For Researchers and Policymakers
This page provides a link to a directory of evidence-based Canadian research centres on aging that could be useful for researchers and policymakers.
[updated March 2020]
These resources contain information created, published or maintained by organizations independent of the CCSMH. CCSMH does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external Internet addresses and does not guarantee the accuracy of information located at these addresses.