2023 Award Information and How to Apply
CCSMH/CAGP Seniors’ Mental Health Outstanding Care & Integrative Practice Award
In recognition of an individual, team, service or program leading outstanding seniors’ mental healthcare and integrative practice models, such as: interprofessional and interdisciplinary collaboration, integration of mental and physical health care, and/or support systems integration/navigation of older adults. Additional domains of activity can also include: exemplary teamwork, outstanding educational initiatives, innovative program development and/or initiatives to build a community of practice in seniors’ mental healthcare at a regional, provincial or national level.
- leads outstanding seniors’ mental healthcare and integrative practice models at a regional, provincial or national level
- has broad interprofessional and interdisciplinary collaboration with exemplary teamwork
- integrates mental and physical health care
- supports systems integration/navigation of older adults
- offers outstanding educational or other creative initiatives
- builds a community of practice in seniors’ mental healthcare
- creates sustainable practices that will make a lasting difference
- addresses a priority need in the community
- invites inclusion and the voice of older adults, where appropriate
- shares their work with others enabling replication or adaptation
CCSMH/CAGP Vision Award
Any program, corporation, non-governmental organization or individual helping to combat ageism and stigma, to highlight and promote the strengths associated with aging and the potential and value of older adults in our society. Seniors' mental health teams, programs and individuals can all be nominated. Priority will be given to nominees in the healthcare, continuing care and not-for-profit sectors.
Through innovative and unique programming/service/advocacy
- Helps combat ageism and stigma
- Highlights and promotes the strengths associated with aging
- Highlights the potential and value of older adults in our society
- Addresses diversity/is inclusive
- Engages older adults
- Is visionary and inspiring
- Works collaboratively with other champions/partners
- Addresses a priority in the community
- Creates sustainable initiatives that will have a lasting impact
- Meets award priority as a nominee in the healthcare, continuing care and not-for-profit sectors
NOTE: The submission can include statements made by older adults or their caregivers who have been positively impacted by the work of the nominee as well as collaborating material such as formal program evaluations, program descriptions, pamphlets and/or client reviews of programs and services.
Nomination Process and Deadline
Outstanding Care & Integrative Practice Award – Nomination Form
Vision Award – Nomination Form
Nomination Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.
Announcement and Recognition
The Award recipients will be selected over the summer and will be contacted by the end of August. We will announce the recipients at the CCSMH/CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting in September. If the recipient plans to attend the ASM, we can present the award live. Following the ASM, the successful individual(s) and/or team(s) will be profiled in the CAGP newsletter and the CCSMH e-newsletter, website and social media.
Have questions? Please contact Monique Beneteau, email@example.com.